To nominate a candidate, two nominators and the candidate must complete a nomination form and comply with the legal requirements. Nomination forms are available here, and completed nomination forms are accepted by the Electoral Officer from 19 July 2019 until 16 August 2019.
Nominations for the 2019 local government elections close at 12noon on 16 August.
Once received, we check nomination papers to ensure that:
- The nominee’s name appears on the Parliamentary Roll, and
- The people who nominated you are electors whose names appear on the Electoral Roll for the constituency in which you are standing
Once lodged with the Electoral Officer, nomination forms (not candidate profile statements) are ‘public information’ and any person may inspect any nomination form without payment of a fee at any time during ordinary office hours at the office of the Electoral Officer.
Nomination forms will be accepted by the Electoral Officer from Friday 19 July, 2019. Nominations close 12noon, Friday 16 August.
Send your completed nomination paper to Greater Wellington Regional Council:
- Courier/deliver: GWRC, Level 2, 15 Walter St, Wellington
- Scan and email: email@example.com
- Post: GWRC, PO Box 11646, Manners St, Wellington 6142
If you’re posting or couriering your nomination paper, make sure you allow plenty of time. The Electoral Officer is unable to accept any nominations received after 12noon on Friday 16 August. Find your nearest NZ Post postbox here.
Nomination Forms by constituency